Brief Summary: UAE Citizenship by Investment and Talent
UAE citizenship by investment was announced in 2021. It’s a major change to the GCC tradition of never granting citizenship, but only granting residence permits and visas to foreign nationals. Since its introduction, the scheme has been welcomed by many investors and talents who are wondering how to get Dubai citizenship
The United Arab Emirates aims to attract special talents, as well as investors that can contribute to the UAE economy. The UAE cabinet, executive councils, and local courts will be the authorities to nominate eligibility for UAE citizenship.
Vice-President and Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum stated that the law has been amended to “aim to attract talents that contribute to their development journey”.
What Is UAE Golden Visa?
UAE Golden Visa, which is also known as Dubai Golden Visa, is a long-term residency visa that allows investors and talented foreigners to live, work, and/or study in the country.
The benefits of Golden Visa UAE include but are not limited to the following:
- Dubai Golden Visa is a self-sponsored visa since no sponsorship from an employer is required
- With Golden Visa UAE, you’re able to extend your stay outside the UAE beyond the typical six-month limit in order to maintain the validity of your residence visa
- You’re able to include your spouse and children, regardless of their ages
Who Is the Golden Visa UAE for?
UAE Golden Visas target various types of individuals who want to get residency in the UAE, including:
- Exceptional talents
- Scientists and professionals
- Outstanding students and graduates
- Humanitarian pioneers
- Frontline heroes
In the following section, you can find the information regarding the eligibility criteria for Dubai Golden Visa.
UAE Golden Visa Requirements
- The requirements for the UAE Golden Visa vary according to the type of residency being sought, such as an investor, talent, entrepreneur, etc.
- For investors, the minimum investment required is AED 10 million in the UAE.
- Entrepreneurs need to demonstrate a track record of successful business ventures and a minimum investment of AED 500,000.
- Talented individuals must have a proven track record in their field of expertise, relevant academic qualifications, and endorsements from recognized international organizations.
- Executives, high-skilled professionals, and specialized talents are also eligible for the Golden Visa.
- Applicants must pass background checks and fulfill other general conditions, such as a valid passport and a clean criminal record.
- The criteria may be subject to change over time, as the Golden Visa program is designed to attract exceptional individuals who can contribute to the country’s growth and development.
- The Golden Visa requirements aim to ensure that applicants are well-qualified and bring significant value to the UAE, while promoting diversity and innovation in various fields.